Data Services for Tomtom 720 and Blackberry

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I have seen many posts on this subject, but I am still at a loss. Every post says to "manually configure" the settings.

HOW DO YOU DO THIS????

I can find no option on the tomtom to manually configure my APN. Here are the steps I take when setting up the phone:

1) Click Mobile Phone on the Tomtom
2) set my Blackberry 8300 to discoverable
3) Click 'YES' on the tomtom to search for bluetooth connections
4) Tomtom searches and finds my device
5) Tomtom sends a 4 digit code (0000) to my blackberry
6) I enter '0000' on my Blackberry
7) I accept the connection from the tomtom on my blackberry
8) tomtom says congratulations, you have set up hands-free calling. Click continue
9) Click continue again to skip over Bluetooth tip
10) Now I see a red screen that says:

"Blackberry 8300

This phone does not report wireless data connection (DUN) capabilities. TomTom PLUS services cannot be used with this phone"

11) Click "continue" and tomtom asks if I want to download my address book.

At this point my handsfree calling works, but no data. :(

At no point do I see a option to manually configure the connection. What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Blaiz

First, which cell carrier do you use? I have not been able to get my 8830 with Verizon to use DATA services but I may not have their EXTRA, EVEN MORE MONEY, TETHERING SERVICE.

With that....

Tap the screen. Press page forward (right arrow) until you see PlusServices or Weather. Tap. Follow the screens if you have the UNKNOWN carrier.

First, which cell carrier do you use? I have not been able to get my 8830 with Verizon to use DATA services but I may not have their EXTRA, EVEN MORE MONEY, TETHERING SERVICE.

With that....

Tap the screen. Press page forward (right arrow) until you see PlusServices or Weather. Tap. Follow the screens if you have the UNKNOWN carrier.

I have T-mobile service and I have an unlimited Data plan.

If I follow your instructions, I see the following:

1) Click on TomTom PLUS services
2) I see TomTom Weather, TomTom Buddies, Fuel Prices, and a bunch of download options. If I click on any of them I get the following message:

"! This feature is not support"

Any ideas?

Ask a Question