Customizing menus on 720

I was looking for examples of customized menus for my 720 to try, and couldn't find many. So I made one to meet my own needs and have attached it here.

What I did was raise the key items I wanted to 3 main menu screens, and left all the preferences screens as is, so that all functions could be reached as per the original setup.

I then changed the quickmenu to include Spoken dialog, Help, FM, Mobile Call, 3D/2D, and Sound On/Off.

This setup works perfectly for me, since I use bluetooth, but without a data connection contract.

Just remove the .txt from the file and load it into the sdkregistry folder (which you've made), in TomTom Home.

Maybe we need a forum topic for just .mmu?

P.S.: I used TomTom Menu Builder....works great!

Attachments

• TomTom.mnu.txt
    666 bytes · Views: 398
Last edited:
The Menu Builder is pretty cool, but seems to be missing some items, like Map Corrections, TT Plus Services, etc. What did you guys do about that?

The Menu Builder is pretty cool, but seems to be missing some items, like Map Corrections, TT Plus Services, etc. What did you guys do about that?

Unfortunately TomTom stopped supporting custom menus in the current version of its software (Navcore 7). The old functions still work, but there's no way to put the new ones (like correct map and Help Me) into a custom menu. This has been discussed extensively here and elsewhere, and it isn't just a question of us not knowing the secret words. There simply isn't any way to incorporate the Navcore 7 features in a custom menu.

Does anyone know why TomTom has stopped supporting 3rd party development or a sdk for the newest versions?

Maybe 3rd party apps were causing too many support calls?

Ask a Question