Custom start-up screen for Pro Truck 5150

I want to create a custom start-up screen for my new TomTom Pro Truck 5150 using my own image - any tips for how to go about this?

Thanks!

I'll assume the 5150 has the right menu item for this...

With your device connected, right click on MyTomTom's systray icon, and select "Add Community Content". Scroll down to "Community images on device" and select "Add image". This is where you can add images to your device. The native format is a 480x272 *.bmp image, but a 480x272 *.jpg image will fit perfectly as well. If you pick other sizes, they'll be scaled by the unit.

Once you have loaded an image or two to your unit, here's how you select one for a 'splash' screen:

Touch main driving screen
Settings
Couple or three right arrows
Change start-up image

From there, you can select from any of the images you have loaded to the unit.

What are you asking Arno?

The format used to be .bmp only, but all NAV3 models have been able to convert a .jpg too.

No problem with a GIF either.
It happily uses a 524 x 725 x 8 BPP GIF and shows it as the Start-up screen.
(The 'coldest' spot in Canada, I showed in another thread but could not find just now.)

I must refrain from calling it the "splash" screen, as the splash.bmp and the splashw.bmp are still in the 'photos' folder and available as options when "changing the start up screen".

PNG and TIF are not displayed for the start-up and neither are they shown at Music and Media,

I knew you'd say that. You need not do anything more than you are already doing. Also told you that.

Come on Arno... step up to the plate, you know you love it. :D

What I have done in the last month is an aberration and it will ebb away when the other one gets busy again.
If SWMBO had her ways, she'd chuck my GPS and computer.

Ask a Question