custom splash screens not working on one v2

TomTom Model(s)
One with latest firmware and maps
Hello..New to tomtom's and my first post. I read the whole form and got suntime, tripmaster, new usa maps, and a ton of voice and poi files on my week old tomtom one v2 working on a 2gb sd card... thanks but

When I put a custom splash screen on my tomtom one it boots up and shuts down with a blank screen. If i put back the original splash screens they work
I even tried to copy some of the custom splash screens from the above topic and they dont work.

They are whatever.jpg and I rename them splash.bmp and suspend.bmp they are 320x240.. No Idea why it boots and shuts off with no image unless the originals are placed back on the card...

Any help is appreciated thanks

Steve

solved my own problem.. you can not just rename a .jpg to a .bmp well in windows it works but on the tomtom you need to open paint open the .jpg and then save it is a .bmp then load it on the tomtom.. now it's working great...

I had the same problem for a lil while but you have to name the screens so what ever picture you put on the TT1 card make sure it is renamed splash
and for the screen when it is turning off susspend
also go to this site to make your own screens it was on another thread in this forum http://www.neilstyles.com/generator.php hope this helps:)

Hello and welcome! Please introduce yourself here

The file name is important. Don't forget to use 'save as' :)
Like (COP)Sli said, Neilstyles generator has made is easier for converting any picture. I would recommend this.

Ask a Question