custom POI not behaving consistently

So, apologize in advance if 1) the answer to this question is obvious or 2) it is asked frequently (I couldn't find it though).

Working with a client who has a sales team with TomTom One 130S units. Loading their customer data into POI file so as they drive their territories they can see customers. No problem accomplishing that. However, when they 'touch' each POI icon, some units display the company name and phone number, while others don't.

Is this a preferences setting I'm missing somewhere? Do different units have different firmware versions causing this? Am I doing something wrong in the file? I certainly can get it to work SOME times, just can't figure out the common link.

thanks!

AFAIK after using muiltple firmware versions, one thing stays intact is the Custom POIs cannot be created with Detail feature, meaning, when you or whoever created those POIs, you can only display the NAME and the phone#, that's pretty much it.

The NANME that I mentioned above, you can set to display the "Detail" info (such address, zipcode) as its name.

Thanks for the response. That's precisely what has me stumped. On a few units, I get the name and phone number to display, but on others, I get NOTHING. Touching the icon either has no effect, or automatically maps to that destination from the current location. That's why I am thinking it could just be a preference setting I'm unaware of. We're database programmers, not TomTom experts! So I apologize again if it's obvious.

Thanks!

I may not understand what you need but I "renamed" all of my custom POIs using TYRE where I added the name of the person or place in front of the typed street address (left 5 blank spaces for faster recognition in the list) and added phone numbers on the same page.

When tapping a custom POI the name, address and phone number display in white on a blue background (using Browse maps).

The only way I can get my 930 to to one of the POIs is by tapping Navigate to ... > Point of Interest > etc.

Thanks for your reply Arno.

What I am finding is that one some TomTom units, tapping the POI icon will display the company name and phone number, but on other units, tapping the POI icon does nothing (or displays the menu). I cannot find any preference setting that distinguishes this function. All these units are the same model (ONE 130) that we bought in bulk for a client. All the files being loaded are the same as well. What am I missing here?

Can you check the size of the ov2 customer file in the map of one unit using Explorer. Now, do the same with a customer ov2 file in a different unit (visually).

Are the sizes exactly the same?

Also, in this thread, see my post of Sept 23/09 on how to do a screen capture. May be useful to do one from each unit and post the two here.

Thanks for the quick reply. Let me look into that further and post back.

BTW, nice game Sunday ... really thought we had it when we scored with 24 seconds left. ;-)

marK

gn3296, it would be of great help to get some screen shots, as dhn explained.

Please clarify, do all the custom POIs on one machine behave the same?
Do they all display data when tapped on one machine and to none display data on the other or is it a mix where some display, but not others?

BTW, once tapped, they remain for 30 second and the default back to the icon.

A sample of how I changed the street address with TYRE to display what I want:

Screen091.jpg

Ask a Question