Current weather conditions? Where?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 910
OK, so I did a search and found like one other post about this, but no one answered the question.

I see the 5 day forecast on the 910, but on some of the screenshots I've seen, they also have a current weather where you are option.

Does this really exists and if so, where?

Thanks,
Aaron

When you have the 5 days up... clcik on one of the days. I think that will bring you to current... I think.

nope. Clicking on the day gives you a text version of the forecast.

Apparently, the current condition shows if you didn't sign up to TomTom. If you did, you get the 5-day forecast instead.

Current condition... stop looking at your TomTom and look out the windshield. If you can see, turn on your wipers and/or headlights.

Apparently, the current condition shows if you didn't sign up to TomTom. If you did, you get the 5-day forecast instead.
Nearly. The 5-day forecast shows up because your TT account details are entered on the TT itself.
If you delete the account details (or if you don't have an account) from your TT, you will see the current conditions. To do this go Main menu>Change prefences>Edit TomTom PLUS account

Nearly. The 5-day forecast shows up because your TT account details are entered on the TT itself.
If you delete the account details (or if you don't have an account) from your TT, you will see the current conditions. To do this go Main menu>Change prefences>Edit TomTom PLUS account

But if you delete account details, will that mess up the other Plus funtions?

Thanks,
Aaron

But if you delete account details, will that mess up the other Plus funtions?
Aaron
Yes, it will. Buddies, Traffic, etc., will not work.

I don't really understand why the 5-day forecast is not suitable. It gives you all the same info doesn't it? Current conditions are the first day of the 5-day results.

Yes, it will. Buddies, Traffic, etc., will not work.

I don't really understand why the 5-day forecast is not suitable. It gives you all the same info doesn't it? Current conditions are the first day of the 5-day results.

Well my car doesn't have that nify feature of having a therm already built in. So for me, I would like to know the current temp., I don't really care for the forcast. :)

Like for instance today in the North Texas area we had some snow and ice. I wanted to know what the current temp was so that I know how I need to prepare to drive (Under 32, probably need to take it easy).

However, I am not interested in losing my other Plus features so I guess I'll just deal with it.

Later,
Aaron

I repeat....

The current temperature is in the results at the top of the list. With a 910, it is even read out for you!

Hmm, mine is the same as it was this morning. (just updated)

Guess I'll have to check through the day tomorrow or on my way home to see if it changes.

If so, then cool.

Later,
Aaron

Ok, so I checked and, yeah it's not a current reading :)

As you can see (or not, it's from a cameraphone:) ) this post in on a friday night, and the current weather on the picture is for Saturday.

The picture says:
TomTom Weather - 2-3-2006

Sat
Sun
Mon
Tue
Wed

image735tr9.jpg

So, either I hit a wrinkle in time, or the 5 day is not something that shows current weather conditions.

Later,
Aaron

So, either I hit a wrinkle in time, or the 5 day is not something that shows current weather conditions.
You did hit a wrinkle in time! For some reason the weather service seems to be reporting the current conditions based on UTC time. The report you get is current to your location, but because it is based on UTC time it shows as being Saturday. While it was Friday where you are, it was already Saturday in Greenwich.

I haven't been able to get weather in days.... it keeps saying a connection error occurred, or can't connect to the PLUS server, or something like that. It's been like that for days......sigh.

Ok, so I think I figured out my problem. It's not really a TT issue as I first thought. I live in a pretty small town, and apparently can't get weather for my town. But when I drove into Dallas today, I was able to get the weather just fine. So apparently it's only for certain markets or larger cities. Anyone care to confirm?

Ok, so I think I figured out my problem. It's not really a TT issue as I first thought. I live in a pretty small town, and apparently can't get weather for my town.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You live in a town with no weather?!!??!?! How do you know what to wear outside??

It's tough, I actually have to LOOK THROUGH the windshield to see the actual weather.... LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question