Current USA and Canada Map

I bought a refurb Tomtom Rider 2 April 2009, my map version is 667.1378

Is there a newer version?

If yes - where can I get it?

Update doesn't seem to get anything...

Thanks....

That map is several versions old. I do believe the 8.35 is the most current. You will have to upgrade the OS to the 7.901 in order to use a newer map.

I dont know what the status is with refurb units, but if you bought it within the last 30 days you might be able to take advantage of TT's "latest map" guarentee. Phone the support line, dont bother emailing. Be prepared to fax them a copy of your sales reciept.

Also, ensure you have the latest version of HOME, just go to TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems for the latest. When you connect your unit to your puter, it should update the OS automatically.

Cheers

Last edited:
Looks like latest North American map is version 835.2421

You mean after spending all the cash I did on this thing, I now have to spend 60 pounds to update my map?

You've got to be kidding me!

You mean after spending all the cash I did on this thing, I now have to spend 60 pounds to update my map?

Welcome to the world of TomTom. Its like a computer printer. They sell you the printer and you subscribe to the ink cartridges. ;)

If you bought the Tomtom new from an authorized vendor, you can get the latest map for free (within 30 days of purchase). Call phone support and fax a copy of your receipt, and they will activate the latest map on your account.

If you bought it refurbished for from an unauthorized reseller, then you have to pay for a map upgrade.

Yes, I know - I bought a refurbished one on Ebay - so much for saving money - won't do that again....

Ask a Question