Current Speed?

Is there some way I can get my TomTom Rider 2nd Edition to display my current speed on the screen?

Thanks!

Thanks. I did try setting the overspeed warning but when I "accidently" went over that speed I didn't see any change in the display so I'm not sure how that works, either. I was just wondering if it was possible to see the current speed all the time.

I am not familiar with your specific model but on many of the tt models you can select display current speed in the preference menu as I recall. I am sure some one will provide specific guidance shortly. This display speed is not exact and in most cases reads a bit slower than actual speed.
"But officer my tomtom said I was only doing 55".......:rolleyes:

You sure can io9172. The instructions are on page 39 of your Rider 2nd Edition manual ... I have copied them here:

Status bar preferences

This button may only be available if all menu options are shown. To show all menu options, tap Show ALL menu options in the Preferences menu.

Status bar preferences

Tap this button to select the information shown on the status bar:

• Remaining time - the estimated time left until you reach your destination.
• Remaining distance - the distance left until you reach your destination.
• Current time
• Arrival time - your estimated arrival time.
• Speed
• Direction
• Show next street name - the name of the next street on your journey.
• Show current street name
• Show leeway to arrival time - your RIDER shows how late or early you will be compared with the preferred arrival time that is set during the planning of a route.
• Show max speed next to speed - only available when speed (above) is also selected.

• How should the status bar be displayed?
Horizontal - If you choose this option, the status bar will be shown at the bottom of the Driving view.
Vertical - If you choose this option, the status bar will be shown at the right-hand side of the Driving view.

Note: If the speed limit for the road you are on is available, it is shown next to your speed.
If you drive faster than the speed limit, your speed is shown in red.

Cheers
Pacific Coaster on the Pacific Coast of New Zealand

interesting my rider v2 displayed it right out of the box, I never noticedit until I was speeding one day and saw the blinking red box.
Thanks for the info though, just in case it ever goes away....accidental or not.

Ask a Question