current location as starting point

TomTom Model(s)
XL - 2GB
1. How do I tell my XL to plan a new route from its current location?

2. Isn't there a "Take me home" button? My wife wants one.

Possibly you have what's known in the UK as an "XL2" model, with it's "simplified" menus? What are the first two characters of your serial number? (the one under the barcode)

I have an XL LIVE IQ Routes Edition and to plan a route from your current location, you just use "Navigate to...." just like any other TomTom I've owned.
(But to plan a route starting from somewhere else you need to use "Plan route A-B")

And to "take me home" it's just the "Navigate to..." button followed by the "Home" button.

Can you describe what the front page of your main menu looks like? (How many icons are there and what are their names?)
I have 6 icons, including the all important "Navigate to....".

I probably created confusion when I described my TT as IQ routes. When trying to find out how to describe it I thought that was it. Canderson pointed out that that was a euro. name. Actually mine in a XL 335. First two of s/n is GJ.

Home screen, I think, has icons labeled home, favorite, address, recent destination, point of interest, and a triangle that points to three more: my location, point on map, and LAT/LONG.

Anyhoo, I think I've got it now. TNX vy much.

jogle

Ask a Question