cspeech-NV.dat file

Afternoon,

:confused:Curious question.

Here in Nevada and I assume elsewhere in the states, we have a lot of strangely named streets because developers, community planners, past country founders, whomever, have imported them from foreign lands or bastardized the english/spanish/french/german language to create unique locales.

I am looking for some way to make my new TT740TM Live pronounce all those wierd names surrounding my home and places I visit. Now I note in the map folder several files named as above. I can only assume those files include some phonetic or pronunciation files/hints for computer voices when you are in those particular states.

Does anybody know if I am wrong or right? Is there anyway to view, open, edit if required said files? Good/bad idea?

Chuck

Does anybody know if I am wrong or right?

You got it a bit wrong...

cspeech files are used for voice recognition.

TTS uses the cphoneme.dat files, and other tweakable files. cphoneme.dat takes precedence, so see this post as you may want to rename it before doing tweaking.

Ask a Question