Creating POI Groups - USA - TT510

With firmware 8.3, that is EXACTLY correct. It'll list the first 48 closest to where you wanted the poi list to show from (near you, in city, on route).

Of course, why would you want to find a Statbucks, let's say, that's 250 miles from you at the moment?

OTOH, let's say you are looking for a KFC restaurant. Move to the 'restaurant' poi category. click 'find' and type 'kfc'. you'll see a listing of ALL KFC's in the file, even if there are 100 of them.

PoEdit a challenge

I am unable to get PoEdit to convert a .cvs file. I cannot figure out what I am not doing. I have tried opening the file... it won't open.

I have clicked on TOOLS, Batch Convert and selected Multiple for destination into a .ov2. The error is on a field. I have even cleared that entire column but it picks another. First is would not take the phone.... I deleted them. The it would not take the company name.

Suggestions?

Thread UPDATE To New 720 - NOV, 2009

November 2009 Update to this thread

All good devices need upgrading. I am on my second TomTom, a new 720 with new maps. (I decided against a refurbished because of the additional cost of new maps)

At the time of connecting the 720 and updating, the tech support guy said I would have to re-do all my POI's. That was a serious let down. However, that was wrong. Because I was given the opportunity to change devices on my old account, all the POI's transferred. WOW!!!

Not only did they transfer but, (Please correct me if I am wrong) the 720 treats them differently. This alone is worth the upgrade. NOW, it appears, when I navigate to a POI, I need only put in the name of my dealer or store, and it selects from all the POI's. The way my 510 worked was that I had to select the POI group or scan a list. This one is much slicker. Thank you.

NOW, I believe that I do not have to merge my POI groups but simply install another custom list and it will access them. What I must try is that if I have a group of destinations from which I would like to select, I might name them a common name to bring up a list.

EXAMPLE: Let's say I create a list of relatives in Philadelphia. Rather than trying to remember how I have them entered, I enter the first word of the name as RELATIVES. Then I put the name, RELATIVES: John Johnson. Then when I want to go there I enter Philadelphia, select POI near destination, Relatives. I should have a list from whom to select. Depending on the numbers, I could list them by state rather than city.

This would apply to my work. I could create a list of accounts who carry my products. Rather than put them only by name, I could create the listings by category. i.e. HARDWARE in Raleigh, NC. I should then have a list of all the ACE, True Value, and independents that I have listed for Raleigh. The name would be "Hardware - Ace" and "Hardware - True Value" and "Hardware - Bumpkin Tools".

Please post similar suggestions and applications.

RVA in Maryland

Ask a Question