Cracked Touch Screen

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live
I have cracked my touch screen and it's stopped working - Well, every time I try to press a button it presses something else so it need replaceing.

I therefore have 2 questions....

Can I buy a replacement screen anywhere?

Can I do it myself?

It's a Go Live (Not sure of exact model as it's at home) and I'm based in the UK

Thanks

Mike

Yes, and yes. To be sure we know what you're dealing with, if you'll provide the first 2 digits of your serial number, we'll know the model for certain.

Once you know what exact model you have, the screens are available on eBay (often from Hong Kong)

It's possible to buy JUST the LCD screen without the "digitiser", or to buy the complete assembly with both parts together. Both are available on eBay.

I've never done it myself, but I've heard combining your existing digitiser with a new LCD is tricky.

Whereas replacing the entire screen assembly (which I have done) is a piece of cake - just one ribbon cable and no soldering required.
You just need to be VERY careful not to break the latches on the ribbon cable connector.

Ask a Question