Cow Alert

TomTom Model(s)
GO2535TM WTE
I recently updated from a One XL to a Go 2535TM And I love it with the exception of the missing cow alert sound. Does anyone know how I might get that sound to install on my new GPS? I tried the settings transfer but that seemed to grab everything except for my alert sounds.

You need to identify the specific filename on your ONE XL and get that copied to your PC. On my Nav2 unit, it's in the "sounds" folder, and is simply called cow.wav.

Next, find the systray icon in the lower right of your screen for MyDrive (prev. MyTomTom), right click it, and use "Add community content". That will bring up a web browser page where you can see the categories of info that can be added to your 2535, including sounds. Use that to navigate to the sound you saved on your PC, and install it on your 2535. This assumes you have already installed the PC application that is new for your 2535 (it's not Home, as you once used for your XL).

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any wav files (or files with cow in the name) on the device.

Here. I will include it for you as a .zip file since I can't attach a .wav. Once you unpack it on your PC, you can install it directly to your 2535 as noted above using "Add community content". Once on your unit, it becomes available in the list of sounds you can add for various 'safety' warnings.

Attachments

• cow.zip
    94.6 KB · Views: 321
Thank you very much. I know it's a little silly but I grew attached to the cow sound.

Thanks Again.

Hope it puts you in a good moooooood while you're driving :confused:

Guess what my sound is for the Tim Hortons poi? (yeah, of course I go there. It's the law here for Canadians to spend time in them. Honest)

I could guess, but I'm not sure what a person gaining weight from eating too many donuts sounds like. What does a Spandex waistband sound like when it snaps?

Prowl car an siren? Eating too many donuts? Is there a difference??? :eek:

Ask a Question