County Hwy instead of Street Name

I have noticed in my town that a lot of the roads are showing up as county highway # instead of the street name. Once you turn onto the street then the correct street name appears. I live in Summerville, GA. Anyone else have this occur where you live?

I have noticed in my town that a lot of the roads are showing up as county highway # instead of the street name. Once you turn onto the street then the correct street name appears. I live in Summerville, GA. Anyone else have this occur where you live?

What do you see in Preferences>Name Preferences (screen 4 on a 720)? Try unchecking any choices (like show highway/sign post) and see what happens.

None of the name preference settings have any effect. Another thing I have noticed is that we have a mcdonalds, burger king, and taco bell that have been in Summerville for about 20 years. The map has all 3 of them about 2 miles north from their actual location. It also doesn't recognize my parents street address that has been the same for about 60 years. My cheap mio c320 is more accurate than my tomtom... that sucks.

Last edited:
Yes, mine does that a lot around NC/SC as well. I guess it's just the way Teleatlas maps are....... But it is very annoying because most of the street signs give the street name, not the hwy number. If the hwy number is there, it it in very small numbers above the street name.

Another thing I have noticed is that we have a mcdonalds, burger king, and taco bell that have been in Summerville for about 20 years. The map has all 3 of them about 2 miles north from their actual location.

Take note of the address numbers next time you're by one of them and see if it matches where the TT says you are. I just turned in a whole county where all the address numbers are progressively wrong. It looks like Teleatlas used an incorrect interval for addressing (I.E. 20ft per address number as opposed to 25ft per address number). They also started the addresses at 600 instead of 1000 where they actually start.

Same problem here in Ontario. Wouldn't be a problem if you could see the road numbers on the signs but it's usually a small number in the corner - not visible unless you are real close.

Same problem here in Ontario. Wouldn't be a problem if you could see the road numbers on the signs but it's usually a small number in the corner - not visible unless you are real close.

Try preferences-->Status bar preferences-->click done on next screen-->make sure on the next screen that 'show next street name' is checked.

I am GO930 owner.
I have this problem too, and it is so annoying since all street displays the name instead of numbers.
I was hoping so much that there was way to change this setting and found this forum, but i guess not.
I should call them and ask them.
This is SO SO SO annoying.

Other than that I love this GPS so far.

Ask a Question