Could my new 530Go actually be used?Questions

Hi,
This is my first post.
I bought my Go 530 yesterday, but a few things lead me to think the unit may have been already sold and returned and would like to check a few things you guys.

1) There was no windcreen mount of any kind in the box, is there supposed to be? The manual says there should.
2) There was no plastic sheet to peel off the screen, do Tom Toms come with a plastic sheet to peel off the screen when new.
3) When I connected the Go to Tom Tom home, when selecting "Latest Map Guarantee" I get a message telling me this has expired. I am thinking this means that the latest map guarantee has already been used on this unit.

Do you think this means the unit has perhaps been already used by someone before me? Obviously I`ll need to go to the store to get the mount, but would like to be clear about the other stuff, before I go back.
Thanks
Duncan

Due to the lack of a window mount and no plastic screen protector I would say it was returned. The map guarantee never works, you have to call customer support.

Last edited:

Ask a Question