corrupted file

TomTom Model(s)
tt720 and tt920
I have a tt920 with a corrupted file. its in the north_america file and named mapsettings.cfg. The file says it was modified 1.1.2000 and has 0 bytes. I have renamed it to 1mapsettings.cfg so the mapsettings.cfg will work. I can't delete it or modify it. I cant run chkdsk/f, I cant copy the 920 anymore because of the corrupt file. What can or should I try or do next? Thanks, Doug

If you have a recent backup, then I think you need to do a clearflash and then clean reinstall. Go to the omtom.com website for details on doing a clearflash (support section).

I recacll reading this at pocketgpsworld.com

Andy is probably the one who would know. Easiest to contact him via the forum at yournav.com

I found no easy way to repair the file. being impatient, I copied all files to my c:\ drive except the corrupted file. I then reformatted the Tomtom and reinstalled all copied files. All is good now. The corrupted file is now gone and it actually reboots fine.

Ask a Question