corrupted Europe map no backup

Ok. I did a foolish thing, I did not backup up my device. After a recent upgrade (firmware) i noticed that my Europe 6.10 (Go910 original map) was not being displayed. I don't travel to Europe to often, but want it all the same. I have loaded the CD that came with my unit to see if I can restore the map. No luck didn't see it there.

So my question. How do I put back my original Map without having to purchase a whole new one.

Thanks,
Darren

Use Explorer to see if the Europe map folder is on the unit. If so, it's probably a case of the latest application not being able to recognize such an old map. You'd have to uninstall the latest app and revert to an earlier one, I expect.

But, try a reset on the unit first to see if that solves the problem. If not (this is all assuming the map folder IS on the unit), then try the Clear Flash tool found here. Download and run 3 times.

Use Explorer to see if the Europe map folder is on the unit. If so, it's probably a case of the latest application not being able to recognize such an old map. You'd have to uninstall the latest app and revert to an earlier one, I expect.

But, try a reset on the unit first to see if that solves the problem. If not (this is all assuming the map folder IS on the unit), then try the Clear Flash tool found here. Download and run 3 times.

thank you for the response...the TomTom Clear Flash tool scares me a little. Am I putting it back to factory defaults?

Darren

Nope. The Clear Flash tool just accesses that part of internal memory not available otherwise. No settings are lost by using it.

Ask a Question