Correcting a school location?

I've had my 720 problem several weeks now, and the only navigation problem occurred the first time I demonstrated it. The location of our local elementary school is wrong. (it's way off...by about 1/8 of a mile). All other POIs are correct.

I tried to use the Map Correction feature, But when I choose my city, and select SCHOOL, no schools appear. ("Map Corrections", "Correct a Map Error", "Edit POI", "POI in City", "School"). The message "No POI found!" appears.

(But If I choose "Navigate To", "Point of Interest", "POI in City", "School" - there is a full list of all schools in my area)

Any thoughts?

But when I choose my city, and select SCHOOL, no schools appear

All schools under college/university (blue graduation cap)category are editable, the other ones are not. When you try to edit map, you cannot select the category school. Just add your school's new location under college/university instead of trying to move the other one.

HTH:D

oh .. found it

fwong,

I, too, had your frustration. I accidentally found the ability to add and edit the school under 'change preferences' , 'Manage POI'. There, when I tried to add or edit, the school category actually showed up. I guess Tomtom doesn't want people to 'share' those so its not in the map corrections area.

update

well, looks like you can't do much editing. but at least you can add and still have the school icon and it'll work when you search for 'school' as a POI category.

Ask a Question