converting .gpl or .txt to tomtom??

I use Delorme Street Atlas (2008Plus) with my laptop to plan routes and as an addition to the Tomtom Go720 when driving with my husband (one gps per person!). Delorme can export to .gpl files and has an internal converter to a column of latitude and longitude numbers in a .txt file. (The are thousands for the trip between central NJ and the Dulles area of VA - that might be a problem)

Is there a way to use the gpl or resulting txt file to convert a route to use on my tomtom?

I have tried exporting google routes to itn files and tomtom seems to change them, I've also used type and tomtom changes them too.

I use Delorme Street Atlas (2008Plus) with my laptop to plan routes and as an addition to the Tomtom Go720 when driving with my husband (one gps per person!). Delorme can export to .gpl files and has an internal converter to a column of latitude and longitude numbers in a .txt file. (The are thousands for the trip between central NJ and the Dulles area of VA - that might be a problem)

Is there a way to use the gpl or resulting txt file to convert a route to use on my tomtom?

I have tried exporting google routes to itn files and tomtom seems to change them, I've also used type and tomtom changes them too.

If I remember correctly you have to save the Delorme map in GPX formant. Then you can use ITNconvert. http://benichougps.blogspot.com/ or Tyre.

Ask a Question