Controlling volume on 720 (line out)

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Was thinking of installing helmet speakers and running a headphone cable right into my 720 on my bike. Seems the volume is always at max and i cant control it with the slider. anyone know why that is?

Was thinking of installing helmet speakers and running a headphone cable right into my 720 on my bike. Seems the volume is always at max and i cant control it with the slider. anyone know why that is?
Happened during one of the firmware "upgrades" quite some time ago, perhaps even as far back as early Navcore 8. Touch the slider and the thing will just tell you to adjust the volume on your radio. Not helpful.

A device like this, placed in-line with your existing cord, will give you the control you want: Gold-Plated Volume Control Cable for Stereo Headphones : Headphones | RadioShack.com

Happened during one of the firmware "upgrades" quite some time ago, perhaps even as far back as early Navcore 8. Touch the slider and the thing will just tell you to adjust the volume on your radio. Not helpful.

A device like this, placed in-line with your existing cord, will give you the control you want: Gold-Plated Volume Control Cable for Stereo Headphones : Headphones | RadioShack.com

Subsequently that message about controlling the volume with the radio only comes up when you choose "fm to your car radio" and then try to adjust the volume with the slider. But you're right about it not working anyhow. Whats weird is if i pull the headphone jack out i can easily use the slider to adjust the volume yet put the cable back in and the volume stays maxed out. Stupid but that cable you linked it a good idea, thanks much.

Ask a Question