Contacts shows as asci characters on GO730

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
Hi Guys,
I am using a new phone, a Nokia ASHA 300 which I have paired with my GO730 with latest Western Europe Mapping.

However the contact names have transferred as asci alpha/numeric characters!

For example my A Home is shown as 4120486F6D65 and the phone number is shown correctly. Likewise 112 is shown as 313132.

Is there a way out of this problem?

Hoping you can help.

Alan.

Someone else was reporting this (either here or another TT forum) only the other day.
I'll see if I can find it, but I think they said it corrected itself after a couple of days

(But that might have been on one of the newer NAV3 models though, where I think it re-downloads the phonebook every time the phone connects to the TT).

Thanks for the reply Andy.

Good news:D

I have found a long way to do this, as said I have a new phone but also had my old Nokia that worked fine with TT GO730. I tried a few ideas but still had the same problem.

Then that Eureka moment arrived :eek:

This is what I did.
I deleted all phones, contacts, recently dialed and called from the TT.
I then paired my new ASHA 300 with the TT but selected NOT to import address book.
Without shutting down the TT I selected find another phone from the TT and paired my old Nokia 6230i this time importing the address book.

I then turned my 6320i off and selected the ASHA 300 in TT and selected Call. There were all my contacts and numbers. I selected A Home and the ASHA came to life and dialed my home number.

It Rang.:thumb:

I will turn everything off, leave it, then see if it still works tomorrow !

Obviously this is not ideal, as to add a new contact would mean entering it on the 6320i to export to TT as well as entering it on the ASHA 300.

Regards
Alan.

Ask a Question