Constant recalculating

TomTom Model(s)
TT XXL 540M
Recently, in attempting to find a route from Norfolk,VA to Hinesville, GA, my 540XXL would plan a route, display it, then recycle to recalculate it over and over. This happened after I first cleared mt recent destinations. My way around this problem was to restore my device from its earlier save. Then, establish a route to a closer location [on the way to Savannah] with a shorter distance. Anyone else have a similar problem? Was it caused by the routing running out of memory?

I think the latest app for that model is 9.061, not the one showing in your sig line.

This forum wouldn't let me edit my signature until I have ten posts. This should make #10. I'm at 9.061 BTW.

Were you stationary when the recalcs kept happening? I've seen situations where even the slightest GPS position drift caused mine to route me one of two ways out of my subdivision endlessly until I started moving - probably because it couldn't decide which of the two ways my vehicle was pointing (it was actually 90 degrees to either choice, causing the confusion).

Were you stationary when the recalcs kept happening? I've seen situations where even the slightest GPS position drift caused mine to route me one of two ways out of my subdivision endlessly until I started moving - probably because it couldn't decide which of the two ways my vehicle was pointing (it was actually 90 degrees to either choice, causing the confusion).

As stationary as you could get... device on my grand daughter's kitchen table.

Even with the device stationary there can be a drift in the location triangle.

Sometimes I can have mine on my desk by the computer and I'll watch the location triangle jump from one road to another and back again.

This usually happens while the device is loosing one or more satellites and acquiring others.

Go to the GPS Status screen where the the satellite information is shown and watch the lat/long numbers jump all over the place.

Ask a Question