Connection Lost Using GO Discover?

The story-so-far:-
I have been in contact with customer services in the Netherlands.
I sent them an email detailing all the problems I have been having and I included my full name address, phone number, and all the details on the original receipt. I told them the unit was updated and I had done a factory reset.

They replied to me requesting I give them my full name address, phone number, and details of the purchase. and then told me I should do a factory reset.

I told them to read my last email.

They then sent me a repair postal label (for Romana).
I told them at only four months old I was not prepared to accept a repair and I either wanted a replacement or my money back.

They told me the unit would be replaced (they did not say if it would be replaced with a new unit or a repaired one).

Today at about 8:40 a.m. I delivered the unit to a UPS collection point, and going by the tracking number, after 10 hours it is still there.

I then fitted one of my old Premium 600 units. (The display had been playing up, so I dismantled it and re-attached all the cables).
It works great and for the first time in over a month, I have felt comfortable using a satnav.
No wandering offline, fast response to direction and route changes. The only downside is the 6-inch screen as opposed to the 7-inch.

Perhaps buying the Go Discover was a mistake!

With Christmas and worldwide disruption, I am not sure how long it will be before the saga ends but I will report when I know something.

I wish everyone a politically correct seasonal HAPPY CHRISTMAS
⛪

OK.

A replacement arrived today from Romania within 24 hrs of being shipped. (impressed)
I have been on a small trip, and it has performed as it should.

I will give it a week and report back.

I hope everyone has a great new year.

My first contact was the CEO '(e-mail address removed)'
Obviously, he did not even see the email, but it grabbed their attention and I then dealt through: -

(e-mail address removed)

I hope that helps.

Hi.
I have not been out much, but I have driven routes that I often do, and I have not had any problems. So, I am happy my replacement Go Discover is working as it should. Would I recommend anyone buy one? No. Am I happy with TomTom's customer service? No. They made it so difficult to obtain help. I consider that they are extremely happy to sell to anyone who is stupid enough to give them money but not as keen to give customer service. If you are the type of person who asks for help but gives up when you can't get it. Do not buy. If you are like me and will fight tooth and nail for satisfaction, why bother? Perhaps there are other products from other companies who will give better service. I am stuck with this for now but ...

Follow up. My GO Discover is still working . I used my wife's car last week with my old 600 Premium. It is so slow I almost went to sleep waiting for it to find my destination. So, I am happier now than I was two months ago but why did my Discover go wrong after 5 months and why was it so difficult to have it replaced? If this is the future, I am worried.

Don't know. I have one of the early ones, and it just hums along.

Agree about the speed difference. I'm spoiled by the Discover speed. Now if they would just give me my custom POIs I could leave my GO 620 at home!

Ask a Question