Connecting 910 to Car Stereo

I was on a trip this last week and attempted to use a tape adapter with my TomTom 910 and it would not work. The sound for directions and phone calls all still routed through the internal speaker on the 910. Do you HAVE to use the audio cable that came with the unit, or is there a setting that I couldn't find to route the sound to the external sound port on the mount? :)

I have used a tape adapter and the fm transmitter. Go into speaker preferences. That is where you change to external speakers.

I cannot get the TomTom to route phone calls to the tape adapter...the directions and everything else routes to the tape, but not phone calls. I was thinking about getting the iPod cable, but if it won't route the sound from the iPod to the tape adapter, then I won't be getting that. Thanks again for the advice!

You can't route the phone call to the speakers unless you place the enable_handsfree file in your tomtom. Search the forum for instructions on how to do this.

Ask a Question