Connect two versions of TT Maps into one

Hi, I have two versions of TomTom Maps, Western Europe and Eastern and Central Europe. One is for my local needs (Central Europe) and the second one is for business trips. I would like to go to Europe by car next year, the final destination will be in Holland, what means i'll have to use Western Europe, but the beginning of the trip will be through Eastern Europe. It is not very convenient to switch applications, better to build the trip in one app from the beginning till the end.

Is it possible somehow to connect both versions into one? Or could I add maps from one to another?
Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TTF.

Unfortunately, there is no way to merge the two maps. One suggestion is to plan a route on map 1 that takes you to the border of one country on map 1. Then switch maps and plan a trip from the closest point in a country on map 2 that joins the country of map 1 to your final destination on map 2.

Thanks, I could do it, off course =) Just thought that is could locate maps in one app and copy them to the other one, but seems like it's not that easy...

Create a POI containing the location where you want to be at the limit of the map and select that as your destination, as you move out of one maps coverage in to the next the device will throw a warning screen asking you if you would lkike to switch to a more suitable map, simply pressing "Yes" will swap the map, the same will happen on your trip home - Mike

I have a TomTom USA and Canada App. But for my trip to Europe I will be getting the Navigon App that has the full coverage I need -- just to avoid the hassle you are complaining about.

These "seamless" maps are considered a high-end feature on Tomtoms, and are only available on their more expensive standalone models. So far "seamless maps" and many other high-end features have not yet made it into the Tomtom iPhone app. I suspect as they continue to improve the iPhone app over the next year, something like this could become available for purchase.

All iPhone navigation app vendors have been improving their apps at a very quick pace. If your Europe trip isn't for a while, I recommend not purchasing Europe apps yet, and checking back a week or two before you go, as much could change by then.

I have a TomTom USA and Canada App. But for my trip to Europe I will be getting the Navigon App that has the full coverage I need -- just to avoid the hassle you are complaining about.
On my 930 I have North America and Western & Central Europe (on the SDHC card) and just Change maps when I go from one to the other, no need for an additional device.

Hi, I have two versions of TomTom Maps, Western Europe and Eastern and Central Europe. One is for my local needs (Central Europe) and the second one is for business trips. I would like to go to Europe by car next year, the final destination will be in Holland, what means i'll have to use Western Europe, but the beginning of the trip will be through Eastern Europe. It is not very convenient to switch applications, better to build the trip in one app from the beginning till the end.
I find the most convenient way to plan a multi-stop trip is, as Mike Alder suggested, to make a custom POI category and enter all planned locations as POIs. I did that for a 3,300 mile trip in the UK and Ireland last year and a 14,000 km trip in the US this year. I do not make itineraries as I want the flexibility to change as I please. I do make a general plan with Google maps first to see expected distances and times between end locations.

If your device can hold both of your maps you could make a Custom POI category and enter all of your destinations and place that in each of your maps.
As you come to the end of your Eastern & Central Europe coverage you switch the map to your Western Europe map and pick that next POI.

If the memory in your device is not large enough or you do not have as lot for a SDHC card but you carry a laptop/notebook, you can delete the first map and replace it with the second one from the complete back up you made before your trip.

There is one slight problem with my method that I explained earlier, in order to get the Custom POI file on the iPhone it will have to be created on the phone with the TomTom software running, or, if your iPhone is JailBroken you can copy/ edit the custom POI file on the PC which is far easier to employ tool sets such as Tyre and Google - Mike

Ask a Question