Confused

TomTom Model(s)
TTgo300
I had my go 300 freeze up when I updated to version 5.410. I sent it back to TT and they updated it and brought it back to life. After 3 weeks of of being without it I was so happy to have it back but it is now missing the catagory of store in its POI's. I live in the US and it doesn't regonize half of the places it used to. What happened?

Sounds like a technician deleted the custom POIs, maybe in some kind of hard reset. When I got my 910, TomTom's manual suggested owners back up hard drive to their computer and that was no problem for me. I imagine the same thing applies to TomToms with SD cards. Computer repair shops usually suggest making a backup before sending a machine in for repair or upgrade.

If you have made back-ups of the device, you could do a restore (although that would load the original operating system). If that was done. you could go through the updating process again.

As for the freezing - I would think there is a reset port somewhere on the unit. I have had my unit (910) lock up a few times, and that always did the job.

HI Tanya did you add the POI's yourself?? if so TomTom probably reset the device to how it left the factory. In that case you will need to add your own POI's again. If you have a backup then copy the .bmp and .ov2 files from your backup map folder into your current map folder this will then allow you to reactivate them without changing anything else in the software.

On my Go 700 there is a reset point on the underside of the unit at the rear next to the antenna connction so check there on your GO300

Hope this helps

Cheers,

bryce

With version 6, the way you can route to POI's has changed. When you go to Navigate to.. > POI near me > Any POI Category...

Does it find the POI you're looking for there? Not sure why they decided to remove that category from the list, but my experience is that the POI's themselves are all still there.

the 'Any POI Category' will find what your looking for. For example, I wanted to go ice skating at Disney's ice rink. I selected 'Any POI Category' and I type in Disney, i pulled up a few options including the one I was looking for.

Ask a Question