Computer Voice

On the top right of the picture icon, it says "Male or Female Computer". The computer voices are the ones with text to speech.
For the US voice, it's Susan or Dave. I choose Dave because it sounds more real than Susan.

I chose Kate, the Brit. She seems like a no-nonsense kind of person, but I keep waiting for her to complain when I know my route better than she does.

Hey...I don't have any of those voices...I have a 910 with version 6.52, any ideas where I can get them? I've tried tomtom.com but they don't have them either...not even to purchase.

You've never had the voices? If you did have them, I would suggest to restore to your back up. If you have your back up in a specific folder, try browing your backup folder and look under the folder: LoquendoTTS. From there check to see if you have the folders EnglishGB, EnglishTE & EnglishUS. If you double click English US, you should see 2 other folders: Dave & Susan.
Try to explore your TT and follow the same pattern and check for the folders.
If no luck. contact TT Support.

If they are on your TT, then it means you can access them. You should go to your preference page 4 of 7 and select change voice. Scroll through the voices until you see Dave or Susan. If you don't see them, let me know what english voices are listed. If you do see them, select one of them and it will take you to speech preferences. Make sure 'Read aloud street names' is checked. I would also check 'Read foreight street names out loud' & 'Read aloud road numbers'.

I don't see them in the change voices menu....the ones i do have listed are mandy. lori. bonnie, and richard, all are recorded human voices. I copied the contents of the other folder you mentioned to the voices folder of my tt and restarted and nothing....

If you copied the folder to your TT, then it was missing. Hmmm, ok I would use Home and restore from your back up. Will be downgrade from the version you did your back up. If your unit is working correctly with the restore, then use home to upgrade to the lastest firmwire and then do another backup.

Before you restore to your first back up. The files case might have changed because the backup files are all lowercase. I will send you screen shots of the Loquendo TTS directory showing correct capitalization.

PM me with your email address and I will send you the screen shots. This should help getting TTS to work again.

Ask a Question