Computer crashes when connection 910

GAW

TomTom Model(s)
I don't know if anyone elee has run into this, but I though I should start a seperate thread, as I doubt it has anything to do with the 6.52 upgrade.

I have had two major crashes which were precipitated by placing the unit on the home dock connected with the USB and poweing it up. The result is that the computer froze, and when attempting ctrl-lt-del, there was a high pitch tone that ensued and I shut it down.

Result - bad disk sectors and corrupted config file. I am again working on restoring it from a backup hard drive.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

GAW Im sorry to hear about this experience. I haven't experienced this with my upgrade (knock on wood). I hope when you recover, the problem is gone.

Thanks.

It has happened twice - the first time when 6.15 was the version, so it is not the new upgrade.

You had a crash recently - was the TomTom just getting hooked up to TThome - that is when both of my events happened ?

Ask a Question