Completely dead, without warning won't turn on.. TomTom GO 720

Try downloading and running the Clear Flash tool found here. Run it 3 times.

Then see if the situation improves. (use the XP machine first)

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I have a tomtom go730 that worked in the car this morning and refused to start this evening. I have left it on charge for 2 hours now and still no life. The green power LED is lit when the device is connected to my PC or car power however pressing the power on button has no effect.

Did this ever get resolved?? I have a GO730 that has the same problem. Now and again it starts but then won't for weeks. Any ideas welcome.

You could get yourself a decent sdhc card (4 gigs anyway, maybe 8) The faster the speed the better (class 6+) and use Explorer to copy everything from internal to the sdhc card. The unit will boot off the card and operate just fine that way.

This is in case the internal flash memory is about to go.

Could be a VERY dead battery, that is pulling the power rails down, even when it's externally powered.

IIRC, you can check by opening up the case, unplugging the battery and then seeing if it will boot up when powered by the car charger.

Try dhn's idea first though, if you have a spare SD card kicking around.

Ask a Question