Compatibility with Nokia E65

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I could not believe it - I purchased a new Nokia E65 (wanted cheap wifi) and when I connect to Tomtom (TTR2) I am unable to send text messages!!

Is this a glitch that I can work around or a dead set limitation of the phone :confused:

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Steve

Update - I'm Stuck on this

OK an update...

1. I turned "remote SIM" a feature on the E65 ON, it had no noticeable affect

2. I upgraded to the latest version of TTR2, looks great but still get the same message "This Feature is Not Supported"

This is really bugging me because I have had 'lesser' phones that do support this feature!!!

The only thing that I noticed that might help (or perhaps this is the problem) is that to allow another device to use the SIM (Nokia requirement) each device must enter the same bluetooth pairing code...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

I have trouble using my verizon phone. It works about 5% of the time. I guess if I want to use this phone feature, I'll have to switch to ATT or Sprint?
I took the list of phones from Tomtom, and my verizon dealer said they don't have those.

Tomtoms are from Europe (GSM-only phone land). I do not believe Tomtom supports anything except data on CDMA phones. All Verizon and Sprint phones are CDMA. ATT & T-mobile are GSM.

Look B4 U leap!

I have trouble using my verizon phone. It works about 5% of the time. I guess if I want to use this phone feature, I'll have to switch to ATT or Sprint?
I took the list of phones from Tomtom, and my verizon dealer said they don't have those.

I too had similar problems with my LG phone on Verizon. So I purchased a new Sonny Ericsson phone and switched to AT&T. The only thing I gained was the ability to download the phones address book into my TT Rider2! I still can not make or receive phone calls. The traffic and weather functions still do not work. The TT Rider2 makes an excellent paper weight as my Magellan does a much better job of navigating and is so much more user friendly.

You don't say what model sony you have but go here and filter by your model to see what you should be getting

Ask a Question