Compass Doesn't Match Direction

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
Okay, this is being nitpicky, but I'm somewhat ****, so bear with me here...

Anybody else notice if you enable the compass it points to the mirror image of where it should be? For instance, I'm traveling roughly NNE (18? indicated) but the compass is pointing NNW!

I'd provide a screen shot, but once again I updated TT HOME and now it won't allow me to use the TT from my desktop.

It's been covered so many many many times already, m8 and it is RIGHT, it shows as what compass supposes to do: point NORTH always.

There are a multitude of threads on the subject. The fact is the compass points North and only North in Nav8 applications. The Nav7 functionality was removed.

You can regain some of Nav 7's functionality by checking the 'direction' item on the Preferences-->Status Bar. That will give you the direction of travel in degrees as well as in letters (N, SE, etc).

No, it isn't. Lay the unit flat and you'll see what I'm talking about. The compass in application 8 just points North.

It's confusing, but true.............

Thanks guys. It took me a bit to understand what you're saying, but I think I understand. Like I said, I was being a bit nit-picky. Good to find one issue that isn't an issue! ;-)

Ask a Question