Compare xxl 540 TM with World Traveler version

I am considering purchasing the XXL 540TM and have found that there is a world traveler edition that has 4 gig of memory vs. the 2 gig on the US version. What are the pros and cons between these two versions of the device?

Thanks,
Pat

The WTE has the 4 gigs and comes with Western_Europe maps as well.

However:
1. The lifetime maps on the WTE model ONLY are for the North American maps and

2. Any future European map update will cause only Europe ZONES to be installed on the unit as the entire Europe map is too large for the unit. The entire map is installed on the computer but you have to switch zones to replace one and have another installed on the unit.

If you get the lifetime traffic feature which includes the combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger, the traffic does work in both North America and Europe.

Otherwise, the same unit.......

Comparison question continues

Given that they are exxentially the same unit, is there any benefit in the additional memory of the World Traveler unit? Given what you indicate, does that make ongoing management of the unit more complicated? I do not need the European information, I simply want to optimize my return on investment.

thanks,
Pat

If you don't plan to ever need the European mapping, then go for the 2-gig 540 and choose, if you wish, the T or M or both options.

Ask a Question