color change causing off maps????

so ive been having a problem with my maps being about 100-200 feet behind....i decided to change my color and then the maps were about 100-200 feet ahead...whats the deal?

so ive been having a problem with my maps being about 100-200 feet behind....i decided to change my color and then the maps were about 100-200 feet ahead...whats the deal?

A wild guess based upon nothing ...........:eek:

You've probably seen threads where the number of poi's the user has selected to be shown on the map tends to affect the rendering of the map as it changes by the second, basically. In other words, the satellites are positioning you at point X. The map then, in a sense, 'overlays' the position so that you see your car icon at a specific point on the map.

So......if the satellite signal is off (there are threads around about satellite 'drift'), your car passes a certain point in real time but your car icon is showing you 'ahead' or 'behind' on the map you're being shown on your unit.

Therefore.........the combination of satellite drift, time to take to display all the poi's you've selected on your route, accuracy of the map itself, speed of the unit processor, speed of the sd card if your map resides there (or map colours) all can combine to make your icon show up 'ahead', 'behind' or 'dead on' as you are driving.

Aren't you glad you asked? :D

Feel free to ignore what I've postulated, btw; it's probably hooey!

Ask a Question