Clock Doesn't Change w/Time Zones

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 550
Why doesn't the clock time and ETA change when I travel from one time zone to another?

For example, when I start in the Central Time Zone and my destination is in the Eastern Time Zone, my TT XXL 550 displays CTZ times unless I change it manually.

This seems like a pretty basic feature and necessary for accurate current and ETA times.

Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice.

Some models do indeed advise that a destination is in a different time zone and that the ETA will be +/- X hours.

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I was expecting more than just advice on the ETA from my TT. I was thinking that the clock should actually change as you move from one time zone to another so that you're getting accurate info all the time. That's what happens w/my cell phone. Seems like a small task for a GPS that knows where I am at any given moment.

When I plan a route from Toronto to Chiloquin, OR I get the screen
Your destination is in a different time zone (-3:00hours)

I think it is hilarious that it shows, at this time, a delay of 32 min for the 38:03 hrs, 4129 km drive.

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I was expecting more than just advice on the ETA from my TT. I was thinking that the clock should actually change as you move from one time zone to another so that you're getting accurate info all the time. That's what happens w/my cell phone. Seems like a small task for a GPS that knows where I am at any given moment.

That does happen on newer models. Tomtom built that behavior into app 10.x, but the XXL 550 is an older model that pre-dates that feature.

Ask a Question