Clever(er) Camera Notification

TomTom Model(s)
XXL IQ Europe
Not an issue or problem - more a comment.

I notice my new XXL only warns me of a fixed camera when I am travelling in the direction that it would ping me (if I was speeding!!). Driving towards the 'face' of the camera, I don't get a warning. Not sure if this is a good thing or not, as some cameras can be rotated to face the other way - I havn't encountered one of those yet so don't know if i'd get a warning both ways. My old 710 used to warn me both ways at all cameras, but maybe this was due to the very old maps I had (v650 IIRC).

FYI for non-UK readers, cameras here can only take a pic of the rear of the car - this so you don't get blinded by the flash if you were driving towards it. Don't know if this is the case elsewhere.

Del

Thanks for the tip DHN, but in reality, as a gentleman of leisure these days, the vast majority of my driving is either:

a) Locally where I know where all the cameras are anyway or
b) when pulling 1600Kg of caravan behind the car, and it would be foolhardy to exceed ANY speed limit!!

Useful tip anyway, especially to newer members who may not know about it as it hasn't cropped up recently.

Del

Ask a Question