City Names

TomTom Model(s)
TT630
When navigating in my city Lincoln NE , numerous choices come up when the TT630 asks for city name. For instance it will provide a list of Lincoln NE with other names in parenthesis behind it such as Lincoln NE (Beatrice), Lincoln NE (Mayfield), Lincoln NE (Wymore). The one that works is Lincoln Ne (Bethany).

The names that are in parenthesis are small towns in Nebraska that have no relevance to Lincoln with the exception of Bethany which is a small suburb of Lincoln. Lincoln NE should just be Lincoln NE.

Is there a way to edit these in order to get rid of the ones that have no application and delete the (Bethany)?

thanks again for all the helps

You can report it via mapshare's "Other" category, but it's not an self-correctable edit in Mapshare.

When multiple cities show up like that, it usually thinks there are multiple Lincoln towns, with the various counties in parentheses.

Just so you don't misunderstand, it won't be corrected by a Mapshare update. If/when it is, it will only be corrected with a new map purchase.

Well... don't get your hopes too high. I've reported (and re-reported) about 50 unique errors since I started using Tomtom's 2-3 years ago. About 10 are fixed.

So they're not too quick to fix stuff.

Gotcha I noticed the above glitch when I got my 910 back in 06, but no Mapshare then but I thought somebody corrected it by now..oh well could be worse

Ask a Question