City first - Street next

Hi from Australia, this is my first post. Just bought a Tomtom One "new edition" and very pleased with it, done all the upgrades and downloaded those great programs (Tripmaster etc). My question: I use my TT for work and often given customer's addresses to call at, the streets are correct but may have the towns or surburbs slighty out so after you have entered the "City" the street isn't listed. You may only be one suburb or town out but enough to not list the required street. Is there anyway to search the street first then look for the "City" or is there a way around this problem?

hey bilby,
welcome to the TTforums.
I believe that there is no way of looking for the street first before the city.
I think that would be harder anyway, since some towns have same street names, but completely different roads.
If you are leaving from your work, you can link your TT ONE to your computer
and use google earth and TYRE to create a route. It can go by lat. long. position.
Only thing would be is that this will be little time comsuming.
I am sure someone from this forums can help you out.
GL mate.

I'm well aware of this problem. Here in Toronto, there used to be 5 large suburbs that were all amalgamated together about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, the TomTom maps still think they exist. So although the postal address may be in Toronto, the map has it listed under 'North York', or something like that.

It's hard enough for those of us who live here to figure out sometimes, and impossible for an outsider.

Can you use postal codes in Australia? That might help.

As for entering street names, I could just imagine the mess if you searched for 'Main St.' on the big North American map.

Thanks everyone for their input, its was only a small problem and over-all I'm pleased with my TT1

Ask a Question