Change Status Menu Colors?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 630
Is there any way to change the status bar colors?
(The blue looks horrible with my car's red interior lights...)

I dont see it as an option so I am thinking it will have to be changed in the programming(?).

Thanks ahead of time! :)

I moved this thread to the color schemes section. I haven't tried custom color schemes but people in that forum may be able to tell you if/how to change the blue status bar.

Thanks! Sorry to post it in the wrong place...

Well, Ive modified the map color scheme to a satisfactory red to meet the interior... just still got that darn blue status bar!

want to change mine as well but have been told the color is hardwired into the program.... I find it hard to believe it is not possible to change

My understanding is that different colour schemes just change map features, not screen features.

I realize that map color schemes have no effect on the status bar, but I too would like to know if there's a way to modify the blue status bar colors. I don't believe there is any official, user friendly way to do it, but perhaps there's a folder full of status bar images or text files with color definitions in them that a brave user could tweak?

It seems to me that black would make a better status bar background color so that is doesn't clash with any map color schemes one might choose to use. Anyone had any luck with this?

I don't think it's possible. The colour selection is hard coded into the application firmware.

Well, shoot. That really makes the "night" schemes superfluous if I can't change the white text to something more night-friendly.

Ask a Question