Change icons on POI's

TomTom Model(s)
GO510
I just loaded a poi file for Hampton Inns but i noticed that some of the Hampton Inns are also located in the default files for Hotels. How do i change the default icon, a bed, to the Hampton Inn logo that i have load into my GO510.

thank you

Jack Wilkinson

Sorry, but you can't mess with the default POI icons.

Believe me, I have never tried the following but I found this somewhere on this board (by giogio?) Anyway, the task was to change the generic restaurant logo for an Applebee's logo when Applebee's were listed in the restaurant listing (did I explain that right? :) )

If you have created one poi for Applebee's with the logo (I assume the following works for exchanging any bmp for its generic logo --- if the steps work)

Anyway, these are the steps I found ... use at own risk .........
----------------------------------------------------
Turn On Tomtom Tap And Go To Page 2 Of 3 Tap Browse Map Then Tap Find , Tap Address, Tap City Center (for Example Miami Fl)
Tap Blue Dot , Tap Find Poi , Tap Any Poi Catagori, Tap With In 150m,
Write Applebee, You Will See All Applebees In That City,
Tap First Square, Tap Blue Dot ,tap Add As Poi , Write Applebee,
Tap Done! And Continue With All Squares You Will Have All New Icons With Logo. Instead Of Square With Fork And Knife......
Was That Clear?
-------------------------------------------------------

Ask a Question