Change Home address

Under preferences, there will be an option to change Home location.

There is a school of thought that it is not wise to put your actual address in as the Home location. If your unit gets lost or stolen, you don't want the bad guys to know where you live.

Reset home address

I'd appreciate it if you'd point me to the setting location - I never saw it on an XXL It has my "home" off by a block.

If the map has your address off by a block or so, it's still easy to get your exact location for "Home" recorded... you just need to be parked at your "Home" spot to do it.

Change preferences
Change home location
Right arrow
My location

On the whole, we don't recommend that you specify your exact home location in any case for security reasons. If your GPS is stolen from your vehicle while you're not at home... well, you get the idea. Nothing wrong with having Home point to the closest major intersection or something.

Or do it on the map...

Change preferences
Change home location
Right arrow
Point on map

Then you can tap anywhere you like on the map to set the exact spot you want to use.

Ask a Question