CES - Asked Tom Tom about Blackberry Bluetooth

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One XL-S
At the Press Exhibition in Caesar's Palace, Sunday night before CES, I spoke to one of the TomTom people who were showing off their GPS units. I let them know that I was told by TomTom Support, there is NO bluetooth functionality between a blackberry Curve (never mentioned which carrier, although mine is AT&T) and a ONE XL-S. They said they'd look into it, and didn't know why there wouldn't be! :confused:

I was told the same thing and they said its because BB's use a network called Edge, instead of the network regular cell phones use. I have a BB Pearl with the same problem and i have a friend with a Sidekick and they have the same problem also. TT's Support sucks

They told me is was because TT uses a protocol called DUN to talk to the cell phone, and BB doesn't support DUN because it is old and obsolete. Either TT needs to support a more current protocol, or BB has to support the obsolete DUN. I suspect we'll have to wait for TT to modernize.

Ask a Question