Cemetery Icon Request

TomTom Model(s)
XL 350TM
My oldest daughter is a genalogist and is searching for relatives in various cemeteries which are not always in town - more like in the country. Can someone help me with this? Also, what if there is no street address?

Yes, someone should be able to help you with using a GPS to help locate out-of-town cemeteries. There are various methods to accomplish this. Which GPS unit do you have? For my TomTom, I first go here to research location information. I then use TYRE to make POIs of the locations and then import that to my GPS. Most of the time the cemeteries are close enough to a road, that I am able to find the cemetery. I have been able to locate a family plot near a gravel road in a remote South Dakota location. If you need to go far off-road, then you could consider using your GPS as a Geocaching unit. You can search "Geocaching" within the TomTom forums on how to try that.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

You can try searching for the cemetery on google maps, and then clicking the destination and choosing "send to GPS".

Ask a Question