Catholic Churches v1

TomTom Model(s)
TT One XL-S & TT XXL540TM
Heres version one of Catholic Churches, it covers most of the US, I will update as possible, if anyone has additional listings it would be appreciated! Don't look here for rectories, parish houses or schools this is only Catholic Churches. Hope its useful for someone else.

Attachments

• Catholic Churches.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 443
Catholic Church v1...with the ov2

:rolleyes: Sorry, it was late and I thought I had both, here you go!

Attachments

• Catholic Churches.zip
    139.2 KB · Views: 411
God bless you. Good work, what software did you used. How can I place them in tomtom?

Also I found this, there should be over 350 church in montreal.
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/7419

But it is in .CSV how to convert it to a .TLV?

Last edited:
Catholic Churches

:rolleyes: Sorry, it was late and I thought I had both, here you go!

I added 3 local churches in my area:
St Mary's of Coxsackie 73.804573 42.353572
St Patrick of Athens (518)945-1656 73.808008 42.26136
St Mary's of Catskill 73.86180 42.21829

Do you want a copy of the .ov2 file with my additions ??

Thanks for the work you've done to start if off....

Attachments

• Catholic Churches.ZIP
    109 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Churches

Any additions would be great! I have been using, Google maps, MyPoi.jar, ParishesOnline (good database, but one at a time, by zip then you need to use something like Batchgeocode.com to do some batches from an excel spreadsheet. I tried to dump all dupes, and the rectorys, halls and schools...they are important, but for travel with a gps, they are just not that important. I have several hundred more by state I need to get long/lats on then I will update the next version. Again any help would really help, amazing as it is, the diocese, N of C dont have any such database, they all would love a copy of poi to post on their sites, I will let them have it when I get a bit closer with revisions. Currently around 6500+ churches, tough to sort out the other faiths, usually the churches just use name. I have concentrated on the US, if someone would look into Canada it would be a great addition.

Last edited:
ok good, after I copy them in the TomTom in POI. But then can't find them :(
I have a hard time with that, most things I download can't be found.

ok good, after I copy them in the TomTom in POI. But then can't find them :(
I have a hard time with that, most things I download can't be found.

Do a search on your computer for *.ov2 files. The one(s) not residing in your map folder that you've backed up are probably the ones you want.

Those files .ov2 I assume I must copy them into my Tom, but if not into where, or do I need to convert them into .tlv?

Maby a sticky on some ansower about that would be helpfull thanks.

Ok I found some .ov2 in the e:\Usa_and_canada but there is also a map folder, confusing.

Last edited:
Those files .ov2 I assume I must copy them into my Tom, but if not into where, or do I need to convert them into .tlv?

Maby a sticky on some ansower about that would be helpfull thanks.

POI's for tomtom unit must have an .ov2 extension. I don't know what .tlv is.

Anyway, all poi .ov2 files must go into the map folder on your unit.

POI's for tomtom unit must have an .ov2 extension. I don't know what .tlv is.

Anyway, all poi .ov2 files must go into the map folder on your unit.

In my XLS I have a folder POI, and it have .tlv there they have the name of the POI that I took from HOME. But they are 1ko.

In map I have a USA_and_Canada.tlv there.

Do I copy the image too in it?

In my XLS I have a folder POI, and it have .tlv there they have the name of the POI that I took from HOME. But they are 1ko.

In map I have a USA_and_Canada.tlv there.

Do I copy the image too in it?

Both the .ov2 and the .bmp files go into the map folder. Make sure they are named EXACTLY the same so the .bmp will show. For example: test.ov2 and test.bmp are correct but test.ov2 and Test.bmp don't match.

I add some in Montreal Canada

Attachments

• Catholic Churches (2).zip
    109.6 KB · Views: 345
Catholic Churches v2

I am filling in some of the missing churches, there are a couple thousand more than in v1. I again checked for dups, no schools or rectory's.This is an ongoing process and any and all help is really appreciated. This is US only at this point, when I get better coverage of that I will look into Canada, meanwhile hope this is useful for others.

Attachments

• Catholic Churches v2.zip
    182.4 KB · Views: 422
I am filling in some of the missing churches, there are a couple thousand more than in v1. I again checked for dups, no schools or rectory's.This is an ongoing process and any and all help is really appreciated. This is US only at this point, when I get better coverage of that I will look into Canada, meanwhile hope this is useful for others.

Excellent! I just found this thread before I started building my own Catholic Churches POI for my new TomTom ONE XL. Your work is very much appreciated! :)

Ask a Question