Carminat Tom Tom gives wrong position

TomTom Model(s)
Carminat
Saw some posts yesterday on this topic but thread now closed. Updated system yesterday to remove speed camera warnings prior to holiday on Saturday. Put card back and immediately saw total confusion. Like the threads yesterday the real position of the car was 200 m to the left of where it thought it was. Renault garage has not seen this before - hopefully there is a solution to be found before the weekend.

Do you use Home 2 to update that model (I don't think so) but there IS a new gpsfix file available via Home 2 to remedy the problematic file from the weekend.

Yes you do use Home2. You just need to take the SD card out and put it in a card reader in the PC.
(I just found it on p47 of the manual. :))

Do you use Home 2 to update that model (I don't think so) but there IS a new gpsfix file available via Home 2 to remedy the problematic file from the weekend.

Thanks for your post. I removed the gps fix update from the device and from the computer using TomTom Home and then updated the device with the latest fix file using Home. Inserted card into Carminat built-in system before turning it on and when turning it on after a few minutes, positioning was OK again.

As per your link http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16319

Ask a Question