Car Preferences

Just got my 720 about a week ago. I was able to access the "car prefences" option and change my little icon that shows on the map, but now I can't access it. It is grayed out. Not sure what happened, but I was able to change it. Need some help please. Thanks.

It is 'Change Car Symbol' that allows you to change the car icon in 3D mode only. When the map is in 2D, all you see is the blue arrow.

'Car Preferences' is an icon which is NOT activated on a 720 (or just about every other model, too).

Yea, Thanks...I noticed I was looking in the wrong section right after I posted my problem.

One other question though. Is there a way to get my "colors" to change to night colors automatically at night?

Yes, there is a preference setting to automatically switch to night or day depending upon the light coming into the sensor.

Now, the odd person here has reported that initially they thought the sensor was broken because the colour wouldn't appear to change but it turned out the user had selected the SAME colour scheme for night AND day in error!

Also, you can put the icon for switching colours as a selection in the Quickmenu screen (just check the option off in the Quickmenu preference). That way, 2 taps, and the map colour changes (in case you feel the sensor isn't doing its job properly).

Ask a Question