Car Kit Tool Shows No GPS Fix when Docked

I noticed the GPS signal not as good as it was when I first got the car kit. I checked the car kit tool app and it now says that there is no GPS fix when docked. Something simple or hardware failure?

Car kit is powered and shows docked when iPhone is connected. Speaker phone function works fine.

Tried resetting the iphone.

Odd, these GPS chipsets are usually pretty bulletproof.

Is the connector between the iPhone and the car kit fully seated as I have had trouble with connecting things to the iPhone when tissue paper gets in to the slot in the base of the phone, this can prevent the connector from fully seating - does the same with the PC Sync lead as well.

Remember the audio is via Bluetooth so isn't reliant upon the docking connectore, the GPS signal on the other hand travels via the connector strip the same way as power is fed to it albeit using different pins so it possible to get power with no true GPS signal due to the connector not seating fully - Mike

I checked visually both connectors and everything appears fine. The phone also appears to seat properly in the dock.

That was a good thought, something that hadn't occurred to me before. Thanks for the help.

Here is a screenshot of what the app tells me.

Attachments

• IMG_2072.PNG
    IMG_2072.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 405

Ask a Question