Car is depicted slightly behind actual location

I just received my Tomtom 340 S. The reviews were very accurate. The map update process was absurdly slow. The user interface is not very intuitive. Other than that, I am quite pleased with the device.

There is one issue, however, that I am still having. I notice that the car is depicted 50-70 feet behind it's actual location. This is especially noticeable when it is time to turn onto a new road. The voice prompt comes a little too late.

I thought that I read a thread with a fix to this problem, but I can't find it after searching around.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed, or do I just need to live with it?

Thanks for the help.

Perhaps you have too many poi categories showing on the map. That slows down the screen refresh.

I just received my Tomtom 340 S. The reviews were very accurate. The map update process was absurdly slow. The user interface is not very intuitive. Other than that, I am quite pleased with the device.

There is one issue, however, that I am still having. I notice that the car is depicted 50-70 feet behind it's actual location. This is especially noticeable when it is time to turn onto a new road. The voice prompt comes a little too late.

I thought that I read a thread with a fix to this problem, but I can't find it after searching around.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed, or do I just need to live with it?

Thanks for the help.
Lagging is happening on EVERY gps units in the market and Tomtom, especially high-end unit does have the best refreshing rate so it is the least lagged unit. Garmin just recently (just last year) introduced their high-end units that matched refreshing rate with Tomtom unit. My point is nothing is perfect.

I have all POIs turned off.

I understand that lag may be an issue. If this is a problem, how hard would it be to fix the software so the GPS assumes you are "x" number of feet ahead? This could be dependent on your speed. This doesn't fix the lag, it just instructs the GPS to report things a little sooner.

tomtom lag

Lagging is happening on EVERY gps units in the market and Tomtom, especially high-end unit does have the best refreshing rate so it is the least lagged unit. Garmin just recently (just last year) introduced their high-end units that matched refreshing rate with Tomtom unit. My point is nothing is perfect.

I recently bought a tomtom 950 live. It works very well except that the map refresh rate is very slow compared to the garmin 765 which is almost 2 years older than the tomtom and which has a very smooth map refresh rate. I don't know how you can tell that garmin just recently introduced their high-end units that match refreshing rate with tomtom units. If you know how to increase the refresh rate to be as smooth as the garmin on the tomtom please just post cos this seems that i'm not the only one that is having this annoying problem.Switching off all poi's doesn't help the situation on this model

I have no lag issues, my brand new 340-s is about a half a mile off. It thinks my address is half mile away.
I input the coordinates for my address and it moved it farther down the street. It shows roads that have never existed.

Have you the newest map?

You can move existing locations using mapshare corrections.

Ask a Question