Car Icons?

Hey Giorgio

The new firmware (NavCore7) that comes with the 520/720 allows for your own custom car icon. Hopefully, when the firmware version rolls out to the other devices that the option will be available.

I don't have an example sorry.

Car Icon

Ohhh ok that's what I thought but untill some of us purchace the new tomtom model it will be a while. I am still waiting for it to come out still none at stores.
I hope I get to see the one Jason has this summer when I go to California and hopefully meet up with Jason,Pedro and John to be able to see it personally instead of hust pictures. It's a nice little feature I have to say beside the other very interesting stuff it should do.

I'm standing by..........

The pictures that Jason took were when he was visiting TomTom. He doesn't have one with him.

example for giorgio

Here is an "unofficial example" as seen on my tomtom.....I am the blue car about to turn right on to Heatherwood Drive.

Attachments

• Photo 6.jpg
    Photo 6.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,302
Not yet.
This is currently for the 520 and 720 units.
When TomTom releases the new firmwire this Fall, all units will be able to do this.

For the lazy people like me:

The GO 720 comes preloaded with a variety of fun choices. But, if you want to get a bit inventive, you can even create your own. Just follow these steps:

1) Select the digital image you?d like as a car icon;
2) Convert it to a 256-color bitmap file;
3) Size it such that it?s between 24 x 24 pixels and 128 x 128 pixels.
It has to be square or it won?t work;
4) ?Erase? any imagery you don?t want to appear by coloring it red (RGB 255,0,0);
5) Plug your TomTom into your PC and open the root folder;
6) Put your bitmap image in the subfolder ?cars? found in the ?art? folder.

Not yet.
This is currently for the 520 and 720 units.
When TomTom releases the new firmwire this Fall, all units will be able to do this.

I have a One with the new version - 7 - and I have the newest maps - 675. When I start TomTom Home I can upload the icons to my device, but there is no menu for changing the icons on my One :(

Does that mean that the TomTom One - with tomtom 7 - doesn't support it?

I have a One with the new version - 7 - and I have the newest maps - 675. When I start TomTom Home I can upload the icons to my device, but there is no menu for changing the icons on my One :(

Does that mean that the TomTom One - with tomtom 7 - doesn't support it?

Yes, that is correct. The ONE family have a stripped down version which they call NavCore 7 Lite.

fun car icons

1) Select the digital image you?d like as a car icon;
2) Convert it to a 256-color bitmap file;
3) Size it such that it?s between 24 x 24 pixels and 128 x 128 pixels.
It has to be square or it won?t work;
4) ?Erase? any imagery you don?t want to appear by coloring it red (RGB 255,0,0);
5) Plug your TomTom into your PC and open the root folder;
6) Put your bitmap image in the subfolder ?cars? found in the ?art? folder.

hi no mention of dpi so i just used web 72 dpi, 128x128, 256 color gif

i have a tomtom one so can't even use these but just had to crank some out. i had some wild ideas like the delorean from back to the future, chitty chitty bang bang, f14 tomcat, uss enterprise, batmobile, etc. but just couldn't get good stock clips via quick web search.

happy to make some more fun ones if folks like these along the theme of fun -- feel free to send along any pics for me to convert for you?

attached (hopefully) 4 cool car icons. please let me know if you like em! thanks :D

• surfboard
  • batman logo
  • star trek insignia
  • millenium falcon (star wars)

Attachments

• tomtom_batman.gif
    tomtom_batman.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 2,620
  • tomtom_falcon.gif
    tomtom_falcon.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 2,549
  • tomtom_startrek.gif
    tomtom_startrek.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 984
  • tomtom_surfboard.gif
    tomtom_surfboard.gif
    4 KB · Views: 1,056
The Falcon image looks nice!

thanks i found a very awesome image online so that is key. did it work well on gps? i can't use them i have only tomtom one :( but love to photoshop so let me know if can make any for anyone!

=)

Ask a Question