car charger for go700

since i have two vehicles i bought an extra mount and from another ebayer bought a car charger. ad said it would work on the go700. here is a link http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360058957423&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

anyhow in the pic it appears to be a circular connection which plugs in. well the sender sent me a usb connection in. so i tried it and the screen says do i wish to connect to the computer. also the green light does not come on. my question is will this charger charge the internal battery or should i send the seller an email asking for them to correct the issue with the charger. the green light works fine with my original charger. Ed

well i heard back from the seller and he is shipping one with a circular plugin and says he will refund the shipping charges when he gets it back. if he does not refund those charges i will keep copies of everything to send ebay/paypal asking them to refund it. Ed

battery, dead, charge, car cord charger

When I called TomTom they told me that the car cord does not charge the battery, it only powers the unit. You have to take the unit inside and use the house charger (well I guess you could do it outside) to actually charge the battery. That is why so many batteries are failing, I guess. They recommend doing it once a week.

Wish they would make the battery more user serviceable.

Ask a Question