Cape Town, South Africa - quirky directions?

Hello,

I just got a TomTom XL and I am having fun using it to rediscover my hometown, Cape Town.
However I noticed a weird thing, my TomTom does not like to ever include the M3 De Waal Drive on its routes.
It tends to always re-route me to the N2 Eastern Boulevard, even when De Waal Drive is clearly the fastest route out of/towards town.

At first I thought it may be a shorter option even if it seemed illogical, so I tried the suggested route via the Eastern Boulevard, only to find that I doubled my time of travelling.

My question is: why does my TomTom not like the M3?
Is there a way to correct this quirk?

It could be that there just isn't enough driving data imbedded in the map for IQ routing to make a proper selection if your model has that feature.

Once the route is determined, you can alter it by Options, Travel Via and then on the map, tap the highway you wish to travel by.

TomTom XL is good for me. Last time when i had visit my home town Cape town. It helped me a lot to redirect the ways because I had gone there after a long time. and there number of changes in the way. And i can't understand the way properly. Might be some problems faced by you. But i am satisfied with it. :)

It could be that there just isn't enough driving data imbedded in the map for IQ routing to make a proper selection if your model has that feature.

Tomtom just announced SpeedProfiles in South Africa. This means IQroutes should be launched in South Africa in the August map 855.

Tomtom just announced SpeedProfiles in South Africa. This means IQroutes should be launched in South Africa in the August map 855.

As expected, IQroutes is now available in map 855. So the South Africa routing should be vastly improved.

Also, HDtraffic was launched in South Africa, further improving routing capability.

Ask a Question